Many websites fail to see the value in follow up ‘thank you’ pages after form submissions and/or purchases. But is it really worth creating these pages? Is there any practical benefit for you and your customers? Let’s take a closer look…
Is it worth creating a thank you page after form submissions and purchases?
While some people may argue otherwise, for us it’s a resounding yes. Here’s why:
- Most people have come to expect them: the modern consumer is familiar with the way the internet ‘works’ and as such have come to expect ‘thank you’ pages. It’s like the whole “if a tree falls in a forest debate;” if you make a purchase online or use a booking form and you are not redirected to a thank you page, did it even go through?! The same applies with order confirmation emails as well.
- You can post related content: a ‘thank you’ page doesn’t have to just say “thank you.” You can also use this page type to promote other related content that your customers might be interested in. This is a great way to provide additional value. For example, if they’ve purchased a digital product through your website, you could lead them to a blog post that explains how to make the most out of the tool, etc. This is a great way to stand out from the crowd by going above and beyond to deliver as much value at every opportunity.
- Include your social media buttons: furthermore, you could even encourage your customers to “join the conversation” and head over to your socials to interact even further with your brand. It’s an effective way to boost your socials and turn every customer into a social follower.
- Prompt them to create an account: assuming you don’t force customers on your website to make an account before they can complete a purchase (which is otherwise an effective way to lose 10% of your potential business in e-Commerce), you can use the ‘thank you’ page to capture their attention and encourage them to create an account after the purchase to enjoy future offers.
- Show off some of your social proof: you can also use this opportunity to show off the reviews that your customers have left you. This demonstrates that you care about their feedback and it might give them a little nudge to share their experiences as well. Not only that, but it can help to alleviate any feelings of doubt that some consumers can feel after spending money; by reminding them they’ve invested in a product or service that your previous and existing customers rave about! If you want to attract as many 5* reviews as these SEO experts Melbourne, you need to create every opportunity you can to encourage customers to share their thoughts and feelings on the services you offer.
These are just a handful of the ways in which a ‘thank you’ page can be turned into so much more than a mere confirmation!
Conclusion: Thank you for reading!
And that about sums it up: the long and short of it is, ‘thank you’ pages are well-worth investing in and can be used to benefit your customers and your online presence in a multitude of ways.
Click Here –What Is Friction Angle?