The firmware plays a vital role in any data handling device, either it is a PC or a WiFi range extender. Also, the firmware manages the software and hardware of any device. By updating the firmware of your Netgear extender, you can increase the internet speed as well as its durability. But, do you know how to update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi extender? In this article, we will provide you the step-by-step guidelines to update the firmware of your Netgear extender manually.
click here – Save money by renting furniture online
Steps to Update the Firmware of Netgear Extender Manually
You can update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender manually by accessing the mywifiext.net login page. But, before updating the firmware of your Netgear extender, make sure that you have performed Netgear extender setup properly. Follow the instructions given below to update the firmware of your Netgear extender manually:
- Power up your Netgear WiFi range extender by plugging it into a working wall socket.
- Switch on the Power button.
- Wait for the LED lights on your Netgear extender to become stable.
- Connect your extender and the router.
- Turn on your PC or laptop and open a web browser of your choice on it.
- Download the firmware version of your Netgear extender.
- Save the file at your desired location and unzip it if needed.
- Now, open a new tab on your browser and type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of your web browser.
- Hit the Enter key and wait for the Netgear extender login page to display.
- The Netgear extender login page will ask you to enter the username and password.
- Fill in the default username and password, and click Log In.
- Once you click the Log In button, you will get redirected to the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Go to the Advanced option.
- Select Maintenance and then Firmware Update.
- Click the Browse button to locate the firmware file you downloaded in your PC or laptop.
- Once located, select the file and upload it by clicking the Upload button.
- The firmware update will start and your Netgear extender will restart after the update.
If you fail to log in to your Netgear extender by accessing mywifiext.net, then try to log in by accessing 192.168.1.250
Note: Do not go offline, shut down your PC or laptop, or turn off your router or extender after clicking the Upload button as it may interrupt the process.
Troubleshooting the Issues Faced During Netgear Extender Firmware Update
Although the steps to update the firmware of the Netgear extender are easy, some users get messed up while doing so. Read the following troubleshooting tips to avoid any nuisance during Netgear extender firmware update:
- Establish a Strong Connection Between Your Router and Extender
To update the firmware of your Netgear extender successfully, it is advised to maintain a strong and secure connection between your router and extender. For this, connect them using an Ethernet cable. Also, make sure that the connection is finger-tight.
click here – Invoke the Right Impressions with Well-Designed Real Estate Banners
- Robust Internet Connection
A fast and robust internet connection is important to update the firmware of your Netgear extender. Thus, make sure you have a fast internet connection. If not, contact your Internet Service Provider to check if the issue is from his end. In case it is, then ask him to fix it.
- Place Your Extender at the Right Location
When you place your extender at the wrong place, it won’t receive proper WiFi signals. Thus, you will not be able to log in to your Netgear extender and get an error message- mywifiext.net not working To resolve this issue and successfully update the firmware of your extender, select a proper location for your Netgear extender. Keep these points in mind while choosing a location for your Netgear extender:
- Place your Netgear extender away from corners and concrete walls.
- Don’t keep WiFi interference objects like baby monitors, microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, etc. nearby your extender.
- Place your Netgear extender and router in the same room. But, do not keep them too close to prevent a clash of their WiFi signals.
- Don’t Use WiFi with Hidden Network Name
It may sound a little weird, but using a hidden Netgear_ext SSID can cause you inconvenience in updating the firmware of your Netgear extender. Chances are that you might get disconnected from the network amidst the process without getting notified. Also, many users find it difficult to connect to a hidden network name. Thus, it is advised to unhide your network name to stay alert about the internet connection while updating the Netgear extender’s firmware.
For continuous functioning and to improve the security features of your Netgear extender, updating its firmware is essential. And with the aforementioned handy guide, you’ll not only be able to update the firmware of your Netgear extender but also increase its performance.
How Do I Manually Connect A Wi-Fi Extender?
Plug your Range Extender into a power outlet near your main Router/AP. 2. Push the WPS button on your main Router/AP first, then immediately push the WPS button on your Range Extender. Note1: After you have pushed WPS button of your Router/AP, you need to push WPS button of your Range Extender within 2 minutes
Can You Update Router From Phone?
You can also update your router’s firmware via Android and iOS. On Android, you must first install the IPConfig app. Once you’ve installed it, ensure you’re connected to the router you want to update, then open it. On the front page of the app, you should see the router’s IP address under DN