Hadoop is the big data technology to learn for professionals who are looking for a well-rewarded career. Big Data Hadoop technology has been spending more and more dividends as it breaks market awareness and wide company acceptance. With the Hadoop technology talent crunch, businesses are prepared to invest as much in hiring professionals with Hadoop technology experience as possible. Learn hadoop basics online in a short time to become an expert Hadoop developer.
Refer to this article for the complete Hadoop Developer job description for the essential qualifications, tasks, responsibilities, and competencies.
Who is a Hadoop developer?
A Hadoop developer is an individual who is responsible for the actual programming of the Hadoop applications. The role of a Hadoop developer is the same as software developers. Still, he is responsible for developing Hadoop systems and applications.
A Hadoop developer needs to know the concept of Big Data and how to obtain value from the data to carry out its tasks correctly. A Hadoop Developer is the one who knows how to play, store, turn, and handle the data to prevent its destruction.
The Hadoop developers carry out the development and coding of Hadoop applications. Hadoop is an open-source architecture that administers the Big Data applications in cluster systems and stores them. A Hadoop Developer essentially develops software to handle and preserve big data for an organization.
You should be thoroughly familiar with the Hadoop API and high-quality programming skills and project management capabilities to ensure success as a Hadoop Developer. In the end, a leading Hadoop developer develops and implements Hadoop applications for the management of current and future Big Data infrastructures.
Hadoop developer responsibilities:
- Evaluating the Big Data infrastructure of your business with strategy team meetings
- Designing and coding Hadoop applications to analyze data collections
- Building frameworks for data processing
- Isolating data clusters and extracting data
- Scripts testing and performance analysis
- Troubleshooting program errors
- Ensuring company data protection
- Developing data monitoring systems
- Producing documentation on Hadoop development
- Application training for personnel
Hadoop developer requirements:
- Bachelor of computer science or software engineering
- Prior experience as a Hadoop Developer or Big Data
- Advanced understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem and its components
- Deep knowledge of Hive, HBase, and Pig
- Awareness of MapReduce and Pig Latin Scripts
- Familiarity with Sqoop and Flume data loading tools
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities at a high level
- Powerful project management and experience in communication
Advantages to becoming Hadoop Developer
- Career growth with Hadoop: Approximately 90% of global companies record medium to high investment in the field of data analysis, and about one-third call the assets the “very significant,” according to the Forbes report. Most notably, some two-thirds of respondents have recorded substantial observable impacts on revenue for Big Data and analytical initiatives. There’s much demand for Hadoop skills – this is an overwhelming reality! So IT professionals urgently need to keep up with technology from Hadoop to Big Data. Apache Hadoop offers you the resources you need to boost your career and shows you the following benefits:
- Steep career development
- High pay package with expertise in Hadoop
- Great job offers with Apache Hadoop: Looking at the Big Data industry, it seems promising, and the upward trend will continue to advance over time. The job trend or the market is also not a short-term phenomenon, as Big Data and its innovative technologies remain. Hadoop will boost your job opportunities regardless of whether you are a new or seasoned professional.
Read Also: 10 interview questions every data scientist should know
How to become a Hadoop Developer?
The first step to become a Hadoop developer is acquiring the right skills for your profile after your graduate/postgraduate degree. You must also remember the skills that are mentioned below:
- Knowledge Apprenticeship Java and SQL
- Get to Know Linux
- Know to create algorithms with MapReduce
- Learn various principles of the database
- Learn Hadoop Ecosystem
- Learn various Hadoop commands and HDFS
- Begin to write Hadoop code at beginner-level
- Learn in-depth Hadoop programming
- Work on Hadoop ventures of production-grade
The entry-level pay scale starts from US$75,000 to US$80,000. The pay scale is provided at a level of 125,000 USD to 150,000 US$ per year for applicants having over 20 years of experience. Graduates will gain LPA from Rs. 2.5 to 3.8, however. Likewise, professionals with the best combination of the above skills will gain between 5 and 10 LPA anywhere. The average yearly package for medium-sized professionals of non-management ability is Rs 7 to 15 LPA, and those in management positions can make up to Rs 12 – 18 LPA or more. Senior-level Hadoop Developers’ (more than 15 years experience) salary level is very high, typically ranging from Rs. 28 – 50 LPA or above.
Tips to follow to become a good Hadoop Developer
- Since the task takes you much time to gather, clean, and transform data for review and storage, you need to dig deep into the information for which you are working. It helps you to get the best possible insight from the results.
- Always be open to new ideas and innovations to develop your Hadoop projects and applications.
- Take your turn in understanding the various data science methods, such as data mining, data transformation, and data visualization. It will help you make full use of the data to address a variety of business challenges.
Read Also: Key requirements in Singapore for company incorporation
Hadoop is a future-driven technology. Hadoop is needed for large companies to store, process, and analyze their large-scale data. The remarkable advantages of big data technology have undoubtedly made many businesses embrace the technology. This technology has eventually led to high demand in every field for Hadoop professionals. The job market is therefore very lucrative and grows at a rising rate for people with Hadoop skills.
In the current IT industry, Hadoop Developer is the most aspiring and high-paying job. With a superior ability to address gigantic data volumes, this high-caliber profile is remarkably accurate.