If you are being troubled by the mywifiext.net not working issue, then you’d be glad to know that this post will be of some help to you
If you are being troubled by the mywifiext.net not working issue, then you’d be glad to know that this post will be of some help to you. Here, we’ve mentioned the top 5 troubleshooting steps that will help you access mywifiext without facing any unwanted issues. So, without any further delay, read on.
Why Are You Facing Mywifiext.net Not Working Issue?
Well, there can be end number of reasons that might have led you to the mywifiext.net not working issue. Some of the most common ones are listed below:
- Your Netgear WiFi range extender isn’t receiving enough power supply from the wall socket. This can be due to various reasons – worn-out power cable, damaged wall outlet, loose cable connections, etc.
- The connection between your Netgear WiFi extender and router isn’t stable. Chances are that you’ve connected your devices wirelessly which has caused all the fuss. Or, the Ethernet cable that you’ve used to connect your devices is damaged.
- You are using an outdated web browser to access the www.mywifiext.net page.
- The web address that you have used to log in to your WiFi device is incorrect.
- Another reason why you’re facing the mywifiext.net not working issue is because the WiFi signals of your extender keep getting interrupted.
- When was the last time that you updated the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender? Because there is a possibility that it’s been quite some time. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be here looking for a solution to fix the mywifiext.net not working issue.
- Your Netgear Nighthawk extender isn’t placed in the range of the WiFi router.
Now that you have understood what might be stopping you from accessing mywifiext.net, follow the steps mentioned below and learn how to troubleshoot the issue.
Solved: Mywifiext.net Not Working
Power Cycle Your Netgear Extender
Yes, power cycling or restarting the device is the most basic thing to do, but it works wonders when it comes to getting rid of technical issues. You should try this with your Netgear extender too. Who knows it might work for you?
In order to power cycle your Netgear WiFi extender, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Disconnect all the connected devices from your extender.
- Power off your Netgear range extender for a couple of minutes.
- Once done , restart it, and connect it to the modem.
Now, try to access mywifiext.net. Are you facing the same issue? If yes, then follow the steps mentioned below:
Bonus Troubleshooting Steps
- Make sure that none of your cable connections are loose.
- The Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear WiFi extender and router should be free of cuts. In case it has any cuts, then replace it with a new cable immediately.
- Do not make the mistake of connecting your router and extender wirelessly.
- Keep your extender away from devices like cordless phones, baby monitors, washing machines, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, televisions, and Bluetooth speakers. The reason being, such devices cause interference with the WiFi signals of your Netgear extender.
- Ensure that the firmware of your range extender is updated to its latest version.
Although these steps will help you get rid of the mywifiext.net not working issue, in case they don’t, then try resetting your Netgear extender.
click here – How important is a Good website for your Business!
Perform Factory Default Reset
Walk through the instructions outlined below to reset your Netgear WiFi device:
- Power on your Netgear WiFi extender and connect it to the modem.
- Locate the Reset button on your WiFi device.
- Once found, take a pin-pointed object like a paper clip, oil pin, or toothpick.
- Press the Reset button using the pointed object and wait for some time.
As soon as your device reboots properly, perform Netgear extender setup from scratch.
We believe that this article will help you in troubleshooting the Netgear mywifiext.net not working issue successfully and solve other technical issues related to your WiFi range extender.