A timetable may be defined as a fixed schedule or plan that defines the layout of our day incorporating all the minor-major tasks you wish to complete. A well-planned and managed timetable may benefit an individual in maintaining their mental, physical, financial as well as social well-being and it is observed that people who plan their day well in advance are more likely to keep their relationships, wallets, mental and physical health balanced and happy. Timetables not only help you in prioritizing the important things but also helps you avoid the unnecessary distractions that might harm you indirectly. For example, Person ‘A’ might keep scrolling on social media for hours without even realizing the time he just wasted, not only it wastes his time but also harms his eyesight and makes him consume random needless content that might further result in problems like self-doubt and comparison. Isn’t it better to not have time for such activities and rather invest your time in reading books, talking to family, etc? Yes, you can include even these little things while planning your timetable.
click here – How To Scale Up Training In Your Organization?
Let’s dive a little more into the benefits of making a timetable!
- Fewer omissions- Human brain does not have an automatic reminder option and it is almost impossible for us to remember everything we are supposed to do in a day, hence, we do miss out on certain important tasks and land ourselves in trouble. Isn’t it magical how we can do everything without forgetting just by writing it down somewhere properly? Especially in these times of online teaching timetables can help children manage their virtual as well as real-life more conveniently.
- Saves time- Ever been in the shoes of the chef at your home? They are often seen asking everyone about what to cook. As soon as they are done with breakfast duties, their struggle to decide dishes for lunch and then dinner, this wheel keeps on revolving. And not only it irritates them and others, but they also waste more time in deciding what to cook than the actual cooking time of that dish. Imagine how time-saving and convenient it would be for them if they plan a one-week meal plan in advance right? The same goes for the students, they can save plenty of hours simply by planning their day.
- Improved mental and physical health- People who work without breaks tend to get exhausted by the end of the day while some might even face a lack of sleep. And when these things become a part of your lives, they start impacting one’s mental as well as physical health. Here is when timetables play a vital role, timetables not only help a person to prioritize his tasks but also allow them to take out time for their health and well-being.
Read Also: Tips for Nailing An Interview As A Student in Chennai
5 TIPS ON HOW TO SET A PERFECT TIME-TABLE
- Do not try to master everything at once- Students often try to include everything in their timetable like watching tv, playing with friends, completing homework, learning a new skill, attending school, etc all in one day. Well, we do not doubt the potential of young students but doing all these activities in one day will make them exhausted and they won’t feel like showing up the next day. Hence, students should divide their weekdays and allot different activities on different days, simple!
- Do not miss physical activities- ‘A healthy mind lives in a healthy body’ this phrase has proved itself the most during the pandemic that hit our lives in 2020 and is still
with us. The traditional schools and teaching got replaced by online teaching apps and the students were made to study virtually. Hence, in such times when they couldn’t meet their friends, teachers, etc and had to compromise with their outdoor games, it became very important to stay fit and calm. And students who included yoga, cardio, sports, etc in their routines were able to stay sane. Hence, mental and physical health should be given equal importance while setting a timetable.
- Include breaks and socializing- No questions can be raised on the importance of education and knowledge, but giving all their heart and mind to studies during few hours of the day and spending some time with friends and family can be amazing for the students. This not only strengthens their relationship with their loved ones but also acts as a refreshment break for them.
- Set realistic targets- Setting small targets such as weekly targets and then accomplishing them may give the students a new boost and motivation to work even harder. It is also a smart way of dividing the work and completing their syllabus on time.
- Choose time slots wisely- Some of us are morning people while some of us may have evening spirit, person ‘A’ can concentrate on studies well during the morning hours while person ‘B’ feels more focused during the night. Hence, one should not set their study hours in the morning merely because it is said that morning hours are the best for studies. Instead, everyone should decide and choose their own hours for a workout, study, etc.
Read Also: What Is Headphone Virtualization?
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit clearchit
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit giveve
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit searchitz