When it comes to blazing-fast internet, Netgear extenders are at par. But it becomes irritating when you have performed Netgear N300 setup, and the extender is not connecting to the internet. What to do now? Not to worry. In this article, we’ll tell you why your Netgear N300 extender is not connecting to the internet and how to fix it. Continue reading.
Why Your Netgear N300 Extender is Not Connecting to Internet?
There are various reasons for your Netgear N300 extender not connecting to the internet, but we have picked the topmost reasons that are listed below:
- Unstable connection between the Netgear N300 extender and router
- Improper placement of your Netgear N300 extender
- Outdated firmware
- Improper Netgear N300 extender setup
- Damaged extender
click here – How to Create a Stylish Yet Cozy Lounge Design
Fixed: Netgear N300 Extender Not Connecting to Internet
Now, you are aware of the reasons that are preventing your Netgear N300 extender from connecting to the internet. Follow these troubleshooting methods to resolve this issue:
- Stabilize the Connection Between Devices
As mentioned earlier, an unstable connection between your Netgear N300 extender and router prevents extender from connecting to the internet. Thus, it is advised to maintain a steady connection between both devices. Although you can connect them via wireless mode, the connection is still unstable. Therefore, use an Ethernet cable to connect them and check that it is free from any damage.
- Reposition Your Extender
Your Netgear N300 extender won’t connect to the internet if it is placed at an incorrect location. Thus, relocate your extender and keep the following things in mind while doing so:
- Place your Netgear N300 extender in a ventilated area and away from concrete walls.
- Keep objects and devices, like mirrors, fish tanks, Bluetooth speakers, refrigerators, baby monitors, microwave ovens, etc. away from your Netgear N300 extender.
- Update the Firmware Extender
If your Netgear N300 extender is running on an outdated firmware, then you’ll surely face internet issues. Thus, update the firmware of your extender to its latest version as soon as possible. If you don’t know how to update the firmware, follow the steps given below:
- Power up your Netgear N300 extender.
- Turn on your PC or laptop and launch an internet browser of your choice on it.
- Go to the address bar of your internet browser and type www.mywifiext.net.
- Once done, press the Enter key.
- The Netgear extender login screen will appear.
- Fill in the default login credentials and click the Log In button to proceed.
- The Netgear Genie setup wizard will appear.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Click on the Firmware update option.
- The firmware update page will appear.
- Click on the Check Online option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update your Netgear N300 extender’s firmware.
Note: If you are updating the firmware of your extender via an Apple device, access the mywifiext local page rather than accessing mywifiext net.
click here – Seychelles Dining and Food
- Reset and Reconfigure
If none of the above-mentioned ways fixed the issue, then perform factory reset of your extender. It can be done by pressing the Reset button on the extender. Once done, reconfigure your extender..
- Replace Your Extender
If the reset method also fails to resolve the issue for you, then it is time to bid farewell to your old extender and get a new one. Once you purchase the new extender, perform new extender setup. After setting up your extender, connect your WiFi device to Netgear_ext SSID and regain access to the internet.
This was all about what to do if your Netgear N300 extender is not connecting to the internet. We hope that you found this article helpful. If yes, then don’t forget to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.